Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The end of the first half of 2008

Taken from Ms Joaan's blog, demented specimen:

le ressonnant: together in harmony

Choir has always been a part of my life. It's part of my passion, which is singing and music.

"My first experience training le ressonnant was an unforgettable nightmare. I thank God I don't remember how they used to sound like anymore. They sounded so bad when I heard them for the first time, that one word came to my mind: HOPELESS.

Since I was still a trainee teacher still doing my practicum, I felt obligated to train them since my lecturer was the one who recommended me to them. Fine, so the journey began... I cringed everytime I heard them sing. My oh my. It was so sad that when they stepped on stage, other schools seemed to recognise their outfits and start sniggering and giggling, like as if they would know what came next.

In 2004 and 2005, I would say that all I was able to do was to help them not embarrass themselves in the preliminary round. They weren't good enough to qualify for the finals but at least they didn't sound horrible enough to wake the dead. I couldn't do much as the teacher only called me to train them two weeks before the preliminaries! It was impossible!

2006 was a breakthrough. I was again called to train the choir, only this time it was a few months before the competition. Vocal training was intense and the choirgirls went through torturous drills. Haha. I'm evil, I know. But I was determined to transform this choir into a winning team. Enough of being the laughing stock among other choirs. I couldn't bear to see them like that. They had lots of potential, great voices but lacked experience and training. After months of sweat and muscle pulls, they competed in the preliminary round and for the first time in EIGHT YEARS, they qualified for the finals! Such overwhelming joy!"

Ressonnant wins again!

That's a third maiden win! And now we are off to Ipoh!
Thank you, Ms Joaan. We all love you. Even those who have left since 2006 - we're now thinking of you, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated.